Twin tuner Freesat any one got one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at getting Freesat, after having Virgin, I want one with a twin tuner, has anyone got one, or can recommend one.
I thought I would post this whilst I continue to search on line.

Sponsored Links
It appears the Samsung is a newer model & has some good reviews.
Samsung SMT S7800/XU

Humax I would recommend I haven't experience of the Foxsat HDR but have installed a Foxsat and that's by far the best Freesat box I've fitted and used.

Wouldn't mind getting one of them Bush Freesat boxes from Argos to test out don't seem bad for £169

Sponsored Links
Just make sure it isn't excluded in Argos' returns policy, or you'll be stuck with it.

yes realise we are talking freesat but expect the innards may share components

i have the bush freeveiw box 500 whatsits :D
yes it works fine but every 3 months or around half memory filled up it goes bananas as in stops recording although say it is it just records 0000 length programs on oooo date but you don't know this until you note the 100hrs recorded drops without replenishing
the only way to get it working normal is a factory reset [there may be another way ] you off course loose all recorded programs
anyway just reset it last week its going back for replacement after this quarter if it packs up again

oo another thing it sometimes stops all recording and needs a quick unplug to reset the recording again you can have several series recording or daily but non will record till reset[plugged un plugged]

and another annoying feature

you watch a program you stop it you have to start at the beginning scroll through all the recordings just to delete it :eek:

Is there any reason why you want Freesat over Freeview ?

IMO, Freesat is only worth having over Freeview if a conventional TV aerial is not an option where you live or you live in a poor Freeview signal area.

Whilst Freesat looks like it has far more channels on the face of it, when you actually look into it, the extra channels are mainly +1, religious and shopping channels.

I have access to both Freeview and Freesat tuners in my Panasonic, but rarely watch the Freesat tuner. When it came to buying an HD PVR, I chose the Humax Fox HDR-T2 Freeview PVR over the Foxsat PVR.

If you've got your heart set on Freesat, then the Humax would be a good choice. Brands such as Samsung tend to make PVRs with fantastic specs, but they are usually poorly reviewed and not well thought of on places like avforums.com.

Their PVR forum is here : http://www.avforums.com/forums/pvrs-vcrs

I recently bought the Humax Fox HDR-T2. I originally bought the freeview HD box but found it was slow. I moved to freesat and its much quicker. I've got a harmony all in one controller which was simple to set up.

Only minor annoyance is you press GUIDE and it takes an age to load (because it goes off and gets it all new). So I had to program the guide button to press list then RED. Solves it.

All in all its better than + and no monthly bills. You can install custom firmware to connect via your computer and do some bits and pieces!!!

I got spoilt living in London with Virgin record 2 watch 3rd.
I have a Sony freeview hard drive recorder, but was thinking as I have a sky dish, if I bought a freesat I can record & also have hd.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back