Twitter, Facebook and IM - should I join?

Sponsored Links
pop a post off. Despite your emotional state at the time, several hours later on a PC screen, and all her mates have commented, you are the devil spawn of scum, and should never have been born, and you WILL be killed, and the method is described several times over, accompanied by several bouts of LOL, or GERRIN. :rolleyes:

After all the stick you get on here I would imagine you'd feel right at home!

I've turned off FB, due to the 'You posted this to a mates mate, and now I'm really offended, so I rang up so and so, and so they posted this to such and so, and now so and so isn't talking to you, because you offended, so and so, oh and I posted a load of drunk pictures of random people. Who are you again?"

The stick I get here Deluks, one could do without, why not be nice? But nothing compared to an ill advised post to an SAS Sniper, that said he would hunt me down...or the person just out of jail that said he would kidnap me, put me in a van, and bury me? Posting that information on Facebook, isn't good.

SOCIAL NETWORKING!

''I'm just eating some beans on toast. I started with 227 beans and two slices. I now have 48 beans and half a slice left.

I can feel a f*rt coming on..............yes, lovely.

I think I will need to go for a cr*p now. I will let you all know how I got on after I have cleaned up.''

Just incase anyone is interested.

SOCIAL NETWORKING!

''I'm just eating some beans on toast. I started with 227 beans and two slices. I now have 48 beans and half a slice left.

I can feel a f*rt coming on..............yes, lovely.

I think I will need to go for a cr*p now. I will let you all know how I got on after I have cleaned up.''

Just incase anyone is interested.

Haha, my mates status on FB today.

"waiting for some new tyres to turn up for my mountain bike"

42 minutes later he added....

"still no postman"

:unsure:

Sponsored Links
its fine if used wisely. You dont have to upload videos, photos your address and bank account number. Just add what info you dont mind other people knowing.
I find it an easy way of keeping in touch with people and also found alot of old school friends have become very accomplished tradesmen who I often bounce work off from time to time. Some people are a bit extreme though, posting pointless drivel and entire albums of photos. You dont have to do that, but it is sometimes amusing to read/look at :D

If you are finding it impossible to reach others outside your market (even those who don't speak English as a first language) then Twitter might be able to help you do it. You can maintain your privacy on Twitter too. There are countries like Japan who seem to be taking the business aspect more seriously. Even though it was originally not designed for this there are so many people who want it to evolve into a realtime search engine/business platform that will cost far less than alternatives to get a business message across. Obviously there is nothing that can replace experience and face to face business dealings but we are living in a very competitive world and my guess is that using Twitter is not going to harm anyone's business.

its fine if used wisely. You dont have to upload videos, photos your address and bank account number. Just add what info you dont mind other people knowing.
I find it an easy way of keeping in touch with people and also found alot of old school friends have become very accomplished tradesmen who I often bounce work off from time to time. Some people are a bit extreme though, posting pointless drivel and entire albums of photos. You dont have to do that, but it is sometimes amusing to read/look at

You have hit the prevebial nail on the head micky.

My business is advertised on there and the number of jobs I have got I have now lost count of. It's all free too - and I have several hundred people as 'friends' of the business. I would now say that 3 days a month's work comes from requests via facepuke.

It's only 3 days, but thats 3 days work I would not have had.

Mr. W.

A bit of mixed opinion

I just get the impression that I am missing out somehow, and that I 'should' be on these.

But having said that, when the kids read out some of their friends Facebook comments and status', I just think "WTF?"

I am about to have new business cards printed, and wondered if it now required to have Facebook, Twitter and IM contact details?

What about IM, is anyone actively using this nowadays? I used to have an ICQ address and used hotmail for a time, but I am not sure if people are using it a lot now

forget Im its dead. only use twitter if your prepared to keep updating which imo can have adverse affects if you keep posting inane comments, posts etc...
Facebook allows you to as much or as little as you want.

Social networking sites are very dangerous. I heard a programme on Radio 4 recently about image management and a lawyer on the programme was asked to comment on these sites. Her reply? "DON'T! Just DO NOT not post your personal details on a social networking site, we have no idea how these details are being used or will be used or misused in the future".

I derive a great amount of enjoyment from trotting down the street and visiting various neighbours. They often give me a cup of tea and we exchange views about everything under the sun; many of them are elderly and they still have the skill of conversation. I avoid gossip because gossip has a nasty habit of finding its way back to you. Online social networking is just gossip therefore it's a waste of my time.

social networking sites is a good way to promote your business because you get to directly contact and communicate to each and every prospective clients you can get.

Sponsored Links
Back