two battries on Galaxy Dimensions 96?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

The manual says i can connect two batteries - but i can only see connections on the panel for one.
Is it only on certain boards or do i need to wire them in parallel?

Sponsored Links
Never mind - found that you need additional hardware - Honeywell A079 ~£25 to make use of second battery - if only they told you that in the manual!

Yes, the isolation board is required as it's not a good idea to connect heavy duty batteries in parallel. In parallel, a low resistance on one failing battery is not good for the remaining good battery and could result in catastrophic failure.

thanks galaxyguy, i've ordered the board from security warehouse, should be on its way and with me tomorrow - any config needed or just rewire the batteries into the A079, and the A079 onto the panel in place of batteries?

Sponsored Links
Hi galaxyguy I need to understand how can I get rid of engineering mode as I get fully of batt test fail for 3 rio. Where I am not interested in installing the battery. Is there anything we can make short or force exit engineering mode without batteries installed

Waiting for your quickly reply
Thanks

Rio is P026-01-B and I don’t need battery as I am just using it at gd96.
Get power faults
Batt test fail.
Bat+ & bat - pin out is there. Sure if I short it will damage fuse. Can this test be disabled.

No, there's no way around it. Shorting the power leads will blow a fuse! Just add a small 12v battery.

Do a restart (menu 51, option 17) This will force the panel to reboot back into day mode, but you will never be able to clear the battery faults. For the sake of the cost of a battery or two it makes sense to fit them.

actually i have installed c072 inside the free space in them so i dont have place to mount the battery. and currently need to test the system so was hoping to check it and make a test of sensors.

You can test the system from engineer mode. You'll probably have to install seperate enclosures for the batteries then. There's usually enough room inside the Galaxy enclosures to house two RIOs in PCB form and a decently sized battery.

I added another battery and put in loop. I was out of engineer mode. Than i pressed 12345 - A then is ask to continiue - ent and RST - ent and timer started. I waited for 30mins nothing happened. System dint arm or do anything. Also For you info there is no door contacts in the system its just glass break. Did i do something wrong? how can i set system. Is it necessary to have final - zone. to start the timer.

The exit delay by default is set to 000 seconds as it is waiting for a Final or Exit Terminate zone to terminate the setting procedure. This can be disabled by programming an exit time to anything other than 000 seconds (ie 030)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back