Two boilers

Sponsored Links
Hmm. I don't think I remember seeing the notion mentioned outside a couple of manufacturers hype-ridden waffle sheets - or this forum!

The query about pumps came up when a LLH header was suggested. If say two Ecotec system boilers are fitted, they already have pumps inside. Would you use those as shunt pumps (I mean to just pump round the header)? Then there would need to be circulation pumps for the CH and HW. That's four, which causes hesitation - reasonable?

The only chest-puffing I see is gaswizzard asserting that I wouldn't understand "all the complications" - of this fairly limited question. If you can see an issue, then please state it, rather than posting just to be dismissive.
without seeing the installation it is impossible to advise
Why? what else would you be looking at? There's 28mm F&R on the CH, 22mm on the HW. Anything else?
It's not like we have multiple temperature-controlled loops with 4-port valves all controlled by a weather compensated, load compensated feedforward adaptive PID boiler management system. (Though there are people on this forum competent to advise on those, in a way that's easy enough to understand.)
But I'm only asking about connecting two boilers together.

what 'might' be needed for the OPs situation but in all honesty it would be a waste of time wouldn't you say?
Try me.

Dan your sentiments are appreciated. Maybe two 24kW boilers in parallel would be nearly as good as most options, and have the virtue of simplicity.

Sponsored Links
The real issue of two boilers is how you integrated the controls into the system

cascading on the continent only really starts at 45 kws and above assuming you use proprietary controls, although you may be able to cascade two smaller ecotecs with the VR630.

But the 630 costs as much as a small boiler....

Viessmann vitodens boilers up to 35 kws can't be coherently cascaded.

If you take generic controls they won't optimise the boiler technology...its not uncommon to see cascaded boilers sitting there all day at full out put because the controls can't talk to the boiler....

Thankyou - easy enough to understand...!

OK, so time to contact the manufacturer perhaps, to check whether a Vaillant 470 or 392 can be connected to two boilers. Perhaps with something set on the boilers so that at low loads only one runs.

justin I am not seeing what the benefit of two boiler is...

perhaps you could go for a separate water heater if dhw usage is high

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back