Two DualTech detectors face to face?

Sor

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi guys.

Do you know if there is a problem if I install two dual technology detectors pointing face to face?

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
yes if the microwave element specifically overlaps it may cause issues

whats the models an the range?

Not sure yet, between RISCO Watchout DT Extreme (15m range) and RISCO Beyond DT (12m range). Apparently they are very similar (Beyond has K-band MW), but Watchout has larger range. Would prefer Watchout because of larger 15m range, unless K-band is really a much better feature - by the way, do you know that?

In any case, the overlap would be small, between 2 and 3 meters of maximum range of detectors.

Not familiar with these specific detectors but the extreme claims anti collision so they shouldn't be an issue facing each other but you can adjust the microwave sensitivity.

I see the pet immunity is different on the two models, only with the cameras on will you know how well they are meeting their specification.

Maybe someone has had specific experience with both models can give you something a little more definitive.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sor
Sponsored Links
I allways use optex mx40 dt as they don’t cause an issue when facing each over ....

E-Line Siemens detectors state the following:
"E-Line detectors are available with a 10 GHz (X-Band) or 24 GHz Microwave frequency (K-Band). This choice of frequency enables installers to cater for applications where rooms with thinner walls pose the risk of false alarms being created by people movements outside of the supervised room. The 24 GHz models are also ideal for applications where multiple detectors need to be installed close to each others, as its radio waves have much more directive efficiency than the conventional 10 GHz technology, thereby eliminating the risk interference between detectors."

So Beyond model might be the way to go.

The best thing is probably to list the devices.

and a list of your needs and mark off which detector best fits your needs.

If your going hardwired you can use what you want pretty much, however wireless systems then your limited to the manufacturer usually unless you have an adaptor interface.

I allways use optex mx40 dt as they don’t cause an issue when facing each over ....
Is it an outdoor detector?

The best thing is probably to list the devices.

and a list of your needs and mark off which detector best fits your needs.

If your going hardwired you can use what you want pretty much, however wireless systems then your limited to the manufacturer usually unless you have an adaptor interface.

I have one Watchout Extreme for some years now - satisfied, but it is in a place where dogs rarely go to. Back then I picked this one because of Pet Tolerance for large animals. I ruled oud Optex because they were only for small animals.

Should be no issues with DT's overlapping providing the microwave frequencies are different. Not sure about Risco but Pyronix put a sticker on their DT detectors to indicate which it is. Either 10.579GHz, 10.587 GHz or 10.595GHz.

Thanks @Josh_365. Good to know that. But they are also for relatively small animals: some detectors max. 10 Kg; others max. 35Kg.

My dogs are 45Kg and large. I might also have some ocasional boars and foxes, but foxes are smaller.

I didn't actually know that they could interfere. Learn something every day!

By way of a mild hijack, my room has the following configuration with two KX15DT in the locations shown below, each one aligned at about 45 degrees. Both detectors are mounted at the same level (just below the joists) and are both mounted vertically (i.e. not angled downward in any way).

n32nl4o.png

I've not mucked about with them much, but they seem to be doing their jobs and I've had no false triggers over the last few days so I'd not given this any thought.

Do I need to worry about interferences, or just leave them be? Suggestions welcomed.

Obviously, I am not the person who has the knowledge to answer that. Why not try it for a few more days?

Ok, guys. I feel so stupid I didn't read the WatchOUT Brochure more carefully before.
In the "Highlights", it's written "Microwave
anti-collision allows
back-to-back installation".

But, further on in the Brochure, it's written "With the Anti-Collision feature that helps achieve optimal and cost-effective coverage, WatchOUT™ can be installed face-to-face or back-to-back."

Thank you all.

You can get the KX in different frequencies normally have the following red/ green/ pink label ....we used to fit the pyronix equinox Dt,s and always used 2 different colours if facing ...what I have found if you have Dt,s facing they can fail to pick up ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back