Two flats in to one house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to purchase a large house that is currently divided in to two flats.

It looks like the gas comes in to the place but they have their own meters and boilers.

There is a boiler on each floor.

Assuming they were all one system at some point and it is relatively easy to bridge the two systems, how much will it cost to join the two systems and remove the second gas supply / meter / boiler?

Is it possible the boiler isn't up to capacity?

Sponsored Links
Why do people come onto a DIY site asking for prices? How the hell can we tell you what it costs when we can't see the job or know where the place is?

Can you tell me how long this piece of string is?

Oh I dont know....maybe hoping someone might have some degree of social skills and sufficient experience to help me get to a ball park figure. I Understand some people are just here to blow off steam after a day of shouting at and blaming thier tools though. .. maybe time for a pint hey?

Sponsored Links
Somewhere between 50p and one million pounds

Seriously, you've not given us very much to go on

I feel fine thanks... It always makes me chuckle when I see a complete moron try and be clever, yet fail totally to use correct punctuation or spelling.

Crack on fella (y)

For anyone who doesn't want to deal with obtuse monkeys...
Someone helpful on MoneySavingExpert just recommended this website :
http://local.which.co.uk/advice/cost-price-information-electricians
It's got lots of useful indicative prices, quoted from various trades people who actually know whats involved and are able to communicate.
So my job will be a grand at the most and if I go with a complete rewire under £5K given the property size.

Me too...it seems that this chap is very confused about what he wants, as well as being very reluctant to give us additional information about the property he's intending to purchase. You'd have thought he could give a Zoopla link at least!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back