Two hand safety control for small pneumatic press

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
I'm buying a small bench top pneumatic press for my workshop

It comes with a foot pedal to operate it but want to connect a two hand button control so that both buttons have to be pressed together to make sure that both hands are out of the way of danger.
Is it possible to buy these for a reasonable price and how are they fitted?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
What is the make/model of the press?
Just to play devil's advocate, are you overthinking this? The presses I have access to, are very slow and steady. They don't have additional hand controls - because they don't really need them. If your hand was trapped and you started to feel pain, you would definitely lift your foot from the pedal!

Sponsored Links
What is the make/model of the press?
Just to play devil's advocate, are you overthinking this? The presses I have access to, are very slow and steady. They don't have additional hand controls - because they don't really need them. If your hand was trapped and you started to feel pain, you would definitely lift your foot from the pedal!
Hi the piston comes down fairly quickly. There wouldn't be time to remove hand. It would cause a lot of damage !
Thanks
J

Problem is the expense. I realise these things cost money though !
cheaper than a crushed hand

or can you design a barrier that prevents your hands getting in between the work and the cylinder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back