Grohe toilet pneumatic push plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A customer has a rental property. The tenants had removed the flush plate for the concealed cistern and were presumably just pulling up the mechanism to flush the loo.

I managed to dismantle the flush mechanism and refit the blue pneumatic pipe. I then noticed that the exterior plastic "chrome" effect shroud had two broken lugs. When I pressed one of the buttons, the button mechanism fell into the cistern. As as temporary fix, I used super glue to hold things together.

Is it possible to buy the exterior plate without the push buttons?

The reverse of the plate has the following model number- 66513. However, when I search for that, the only results I can find are for the plate and buttons. Prices for the combo vary from £30 (ebay) to £70.

grohe.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply but that is the plate plus mechanism. We only need the plate.

Thanks for the reply but that is the plate plus mechanism. We only need the plate.
Clearly it don't come as bits... only complete
https://www.grohe.co.uk/en_gb/others-top-plate-with-push-button-42371000.html as there's no separate part numbers for the buttons and panel!

You could call the Grohe Service number (Grohe+ if a registered pro) and ask but I suspect the answer will still be 'no'.

There may be cheaper alternatives from Grohe and/or other brands that will fit/work with the existing pneumatic flush and cover the existing cutout?

Sponsored Links
Clearly it don't come as bits... only complete
https://www.grohe.co.uk/en_gb/others-top-plate-with-push-button-42371000.html as there's no separate part numbers for the buttons and panel!

You could call the Grohe Service number (Grohe+ if a registered pro) and ask but I suspect the answer will still be 'no'.

There may be cheaper alternatives from Grohe and/or other brands that will fit/work with the existing pneumatic flush and cover the existing cutout?
Cheers @Rodders53 will order an original. It is a shame that the whole lot needs to be replaced given that the more expensive component is fine.

Thanks for reconfirming what I thought might be the case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back