Two mortice locks, one key?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.
My front door had (until recently) one yale and two mortice locks that both opened using the same key.
One of the mortices had been sticky for a while, and jammed up for good the other night. My friendly neighbourhood locksmith was able to get me back into the house, but he had to kill the offending mortice. He also said that they weren't up to the standard expected by insurance companies so I want to get two new mortices, but I don't want to end up with a big jailer's bunch of keys.
Is it possible to buy a pair of mortice locks that use the same key, and if so where?
Alternatively, do I have to get the locksmith back to install two new ones and 're-set' one?
Any ideas/ suggestions appreciated.
Nick.

Sponsored Links
It's possible to buy suited lock sets. Any good locksmith shop will be able to advise and supply what your after. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back