Two quick questions...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd appreciate the advice of someone more experienced so I can do the best job possible...

Q1) I've got three walls over a bath that are only tiled half-way up. I need to tile to the ceiling with identical tiles, which I've got. The house is only a few months old, so obviously it has plasterboard walls. My question is about the best way to remove the existing edging strip. I can bash it but I don't want to damage the existing tiles. Is there a tried and trusted technique? Thanks.

Q2) Last time I tiled I didn't clean my spreading trowel very well and it's covered in hard adhesive. Is there a 'best' way to remove it? Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Q1. I use a slitting disc in a Dremel - takes seconds.
Q2. Knock off as much as you can with a hammer, then use a wood chisel to scrape off the rest.

Q1. I use a slitting disc in a Dremel - takes seconds.
Q2. Knock off as much as you can with a hammer, then use a wood chisel to scrape off the rest.

Thanks gcol. It's a shame I haven't got a Dremel. I wonder if a pizza cutter would do the trick! ;)

Sponsored Links
I'd appreciate the advice of someone more experienced so I can do the best job possible...

Q1) I've got three walls over a bath that are only tiled half-way up. I need to tile to the ceiling with identical tiles, which I've got. The house is only a few months old, so obviously it has plasterboard walls. My question is about the best way to remove the existing edging strip. I can bash it but I don't want to damage the existing tiles. Is there a tried and trusted technique? Thanks.

Q2) Last time I tiled I didn't clean my spreading trowel very well and it's covered in hard adhesive. Is there a 'best' way to remove it? Thanks again.
hello just pull the trin out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back