Two radiators downstairs not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into a new house and two rads downstairs really struggle to get hot. We have had a plumber round who replaced the pump balanced the rads and it still doesn't work properly. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Sponsored Links
Turn the hot rads off and see if the other two get hot, if they do then it's a matter of re-balancing the system. Or they could be full of sludge. Remove rads and flush with hose pipe in the garden.

Beware of white carpets. :D

Andy

Thanks for reply. We have had the rads rebalanced and they were cleaned not to long ago do you think then would need cleaning again?

Depends on what sort of 'clean' you had done. Powerflush done properly should have cleaned all the muck out. If you paid the guy to sort out the 2 rads that weren't working, he's not actually managed to achieve anything, get him back!

Have you tried turning all the others off as per Andys suggestion?

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have managed to get all rads working the two that were not on before are now warm but not as hot as others is this the best that I will get?

Thanks for your help

Should be able to get them all at about the same temp. Sounds like you still have an underlying problem somewhere, i'm doubtful about that 'clean' you had done.

Hi

I have managed to get all rads working the two that were not on before are now warm but not as hot as others is this the best that I will get?

Thanks for your help

how did you do this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back