two rads.. worth selling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wonder if it's going to be worth trying to sell two rads to the scrappies?

I've never got rid of stuff this way - so wouldn't know where to start!?

I only have two (one about 1x1m and 1 about 1.2x1.8m - both single panel - so am tempted just to drop them at the local tips until someone suggested the scrap merchent!

Anyone else got rid of just a few rads this way? What kind of return could I get?

Whitling2k

Sponsored Links
a few pence I would reckon

if you leave them out front, you will probably find they get magically recycled.

Just leave them outside and someone will kindly take them away for you.

Sponsored Links
If they were modern types then Ebay might pay a few pounds for them but that's unlikely as you have changed them!

Tony

Steel has a value, but not much in small amounts. Taking 2 rads to the scrap merchants won't cover your petrol there and back. Only worth it if you have a couple of dozen and a truck.

Leave them out for the p!keys to put on their truck.

The scrap dealers will probably only give you mixed metal price for them which is currently around 18 pence a Kilo. And you will have to wait for your money as they can not pay you in cash anymore.

Fair points - cheers guys [*lugs them into the street - kicking them as he goes]

Whitling2k

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back