What size rad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a two up two down end of terrance. I've got the end house so it's like a semi. The downstairs is open plan.
The two rooms downstairs are linked by an opening slightly larger than a door way are about 17' x 14' each.
At present each room has a rad that is 175cm long. I guess they are about 25 years old at least. The house is 30 years old. There are manual valves on the rads not thermo valves.
The rad is in the kitchen leaks a bit out of the bleed plug and it rusty.
I've had stack of problems with my heating and my plumber has told me that he thinks the rad. is full of rubbish and needs changing. The outside of it makes me want to get rid and change even if its not.
I think it is a single rad as it doesn't have the zig zag metal bit in the middle but is does have what I would call two sections front and back, maybe it is an old type double?
What size rad. should I buy? I've been waiting for my plumber to do this for ages so I might as do it myself.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back