Two (simple) Texecom Premier 48 questions....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have two (relatively simple) Texecom Premier 48 questions (V8.13) and I would be grateful to anyone who can help me out.

I have two annoying situations;

1. I want to Auto Arm my system at night, and then unarm in the morning - but the problem is I can't seem to make it do it quietly. My baby will be asleep when we arm, and it seems that for (several minutes) the Panel Speaker beeps loudly while it is arming - can I make it do this silently (for Auto Arm, but still giving me Exit Tones when we arm manually when we're going out somewhere) ??

2. I have set the Custom Output 2 Stage A and the Auto Chime feature so that I can stop the Panel and Keypads from Chiming while the baby is asleep using a control timer (so from 09:30 to 11:30 and then after 19:00 at night. Great, this stops Chime during those times and doesn't wake the baby. BUT, during the rest of the time (i.e. when Chime is enabled), I get a permanent message on the Keypad displays "Timer 01 Active", and I can't get rid of it. I know that Timer 01 IS active, I just want to suppress the message.. can I do that?

thanks all !! :)

Sponsored Links
Yes its possible to do it quietly, but would involve outputs and wiring (one wire) and a spare zone (kevinherring asked for something similar before Christmas)

Secondly do you have chime on in the control timers section, I would have to double check your version but i know that some versions displayed this if the chime when control timer is active is turned on.

Brilliant, thanks Hoover.

If you can point me in the direction of what to do with the wire and spare zone that would be cool. I installed the alarm myself and now have Wintex from my ComIP all up and running (thanks to your help last week I might add), so I have no issues making configuration or hardware changes.

I DO have Chime on in the control Timers section - I was guessing that this was just a chime when the timer kicked in and out.... ? I will try turning it off.

thanks...

Without turning the tones off full stop.

Program an output as control timer

wire the output into the last zone terminal of the spare zone

program as Latch key, silent

you will get the short confirmation beep to say its armed, but not the long exit tones.

any problems pm me and we can bat it out and post the solution for your firmware version, things don't always work as you expect on some firmware versions.

Sponsored Links
thanks Hoover - i'll try that tomorrow. Sounds like a good plan though.

SparkyMarkA - can't mate. I want to arm silently, but from a timer (every night at 11 when I'm in beddie byes, and every morning at 8 when I've left for work...) - yes, I am either lazy or don't trust myself to remember to Arm !!

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back