two storey rear extension pd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can i do a two storey rear extension if the lower part is close to the boundary and the top part is 2 metres away from the boundary in permitted development ?

Sponsored Links
You can if you design the roof such that you comply with "Extension eaves height must be 3 meters or less if within 2 meters of the boundary"

Whether the existing design of your house/neighbourhood lends itself to that kind of roof design is another matter.

You can if you design the roof such that you comply with "Extension eaves height must be 3 meters or less if within 2 meters of the boundary"

To achieve all that within an overall depth of 3m would be quite a feat though

Sponsored Links
To achieve all that within an overall depth of 3m would be quite a feat though

I've just done something similar, and it's a worthwhile addition of space - you need to be mindful of the difference between 'eaves' and 'verges' when interpreting the rules though - i.e. you can add a rear-facing gable ended extension with verges as high as you like, as long as the eaves at each side are lower than 3 metres.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back