Two supplies to same light

What he would prefer is the 2 lights connected to one further down. That's what he's proposing to do, if it will work.

Which we all know it will, subject to the situation of there being 2 circuits.

Presumably Snowsride is happy that one light further down is all he needs, so I'm still waiting for chivers67 to explain why he should have 2 lights and 2 sets of cables.

Sponsored Links
Presumably Snowsride is happy that one light further down is all he needs, so I'm still waiting for chivers67 to explain why he should have 2 lights and 2 sets of cables.
Presumably because he personally thought that it was an option which made better sense.

Kind Regards, John.

If it was my garage, I'd forget all about connecting anything into the existing garage door lights. I'd have a light in the workshop area with two switches: one near the garage doors and the other near the house. Simples! :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
The OP's needs can be satisfied by 1 light.

1 light can be made to work with 1 cable.

What is it about putting in twice what is needed that makes sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back