Two switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am spurring off the ringmain with a junction box, and then I have two appliances that I want to switch from this spur (both low current).

Do I have to wire 2 separate switched fused spurs?
Or can I wire a single un-switched fused spur connected to a double switch plate with each appliance connected to these?

Or are there any other options.

Thanks in advance!

Nik.

Sponsored Links
You can have spur from a ring final into a double socket outlet.
The cable from the ring must be the same size as the cable in the ring.

Or you could have a switch fused spur (FSU) on the ring. From the output of this FSU you can have any numner of sockets. The load on the additional sockets will be limited by the fuse in the FSU (max 13A)

Thanks for these suggestions.

The, two appliances are a projector and a screen for a home cinema system, so the power cables will be wired directly into these appliances, run through the roof and then down to some switch/spur arrangement at the back of the room.

So I don't really want sockets running off the spur, so can I do it similar to your second suggestion, but instead of a number of sockets off the spur have to switch plates?

Cheers,

Nik.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back