Two tanks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just reading www.bio-power.co.uk, when something occurred to me.

When the C&E people do spot checks for red diesel, they presumably syphon a bit out of the fuel filler. They don't take the fuel from the fuel line in the engine bay.

I know that some veggie oil users have two tanks, so they can start on petrodiesel and switch over to vegetable oil once running.

So, presumably you could keep your regular tank with a few gallons of petrodiesel in it, and then have a second tank (in the boot?) full of red or veggie oil... this one you really use.

Surely C&E don't have the right to search your vehicle so provided you let them take a sample from the filler cap then you wouldn't have any trouble.

Sponsored Links
C+E have about the most scariest set of powers of any authority in the country. They take what they want, and have very wide ranging search powers

And they are absolutely useless at stopping drugs entering the country :rolleyes:

Sorry, but by the time they've stopped you, more often than not, they have sussed out you're using veggie by the smell. If their first dip doesn't get their expected result, they will actually undo one of your injectors and get a sample from there.

There have been many efforts to thwart the authorities. One of the favourites is the tank within a tank. The trick is to prepare a separate sealed tube inside the tank that is connected to the regular filler cap. This tube is then primed with about a pint of legal diesel. Meanwhile a separate filler is fitted somewhere discrete. This allows the driver to fill the bulk of the tank with Red diesel, veggie oil or whatever.

As I say, once you get dipped, if they don't get the result they want, they'll check direct at the injectors. Once this reveals that you've attempted to hoodwink them, they will do a thorough investigation to work out exactly what you're up to. This could involve a complete stripdown of the vehicle. Once it gets to the court, your efforts will be presented and your punishment will be even more harsh. The illegally modified vehicle will also be confiscated, as a matter of course.

Sponsored Links
How can they siphon from your tank, I thought cars had anti-siphon devices fitted?

And they are absolutely useless at stopping drugs entering the country

Yep theres a reason for that kendor. There was a point when they were making record holes and actually making a dent in the supply, and then the government decided to change the priorities for them and made them focus on tobaccoo and booze smuggling. i wonder why, anything to do with lost revenue??

TexMex said:
The illegally modified vehicle will also be confiscated, as a matter of course.

if you have a 2nd tank added for veggie oil and have it converted, are you susposed to inform DVLA?

Sponsored Links
Back