what is the price limit for you on petrol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what is your price limit ? £ 10 a gallon i know we ALL will still buy it and so does the oil companys

is it £15 i know MOST will still buy it as they have no choice

is it £20 now its getting scary BUT i know some will still buy it no choice

so are the petrol companys going for quality in the form of higher prices against quantity

we are puppets we have no say no voice no one would listen we are ENGLISH we dont do that LOUD thing the other nations do

businesses will make customers pay

we are heading for £ 5.00 A gallon for xmas no messing i am using red now **** them they can take my van off me fine me ah i will save more

i will say this to those that can do it

get a lot of diesel and store it for that rainy day that is heading here remeber the 70s fuel shortage well its gonna happen again on a huge scale and you will not be getting fuel unless your needed by society in an official way

PS if it comes to it that only the rich can drive i would say sabotage roads bridges garages anything to get your point over that we are all entitled to be on the road

Sponsored Links
Some people have to use a car no matter what, disabled people, doctors, police, those in rural areas etc etc. You cant phone in work when fuel is £20 a gallon and say I cant afford to come to work today as much as we would all like to.

Will we see increase in council tax because of the fuel usage by the police and other services.

Personally I think the world market has a lot to answer for. We probably refine enough oil from our own resources to provide for our countries petrol needs, but because of the greedy countries like the US we have to pay the penalty and the oil companies do seem to have a bit of a monopoly don't they. Someone needs to keep an eye on their profits and put a stop to these rises.

oil companies and our government are working hand in hand to make petrol a massive LUXURY item it isnt LUXURY to go to work

this is there way of curbing drivers therefore alleviating CONGESTION so its a universal charge to all drivers some sort of rationing will be implemented eventually to make us REALLY thing petrol is in short supply and when that happens expect administration charges on top of fuel tax

seem a lot are reading and not replying come on i am interested in your threshold of pain ( financially )

mine is high i know i will have to buy fuel even if it s £7 a gallon but i will be using electric or compressed air before that happens

our customers wont be able to take the price hike at that level SURE they would what else are they going to do

so there you have my level of pain a paltry £ 7.00 after that i would rather drive a 40 mph joke than let our government and the oil companies take the HIISS

Slogger said:
what is your price limit ? £ 10 a gallon i know we ALL will still buy it and so does the oil companys

is it £15 i know MOST will still buy it as they have no choice

is it £20 now its getting scary BUT i know some will still buy it no choice

so are the petrol companys going for quality in the form of higher prices against quantity

we are puppets we have no say no voice no one would listen we are ENGLISH we dont do that LOUD thing the other nations do

businesses will make customers pay

we are heading for £ 5.00 A gallon for xmas no messing i am using red now **** them they can take my van off me fine me ah i will save more

i will say this to those that can do it

get a lot of diesel and store it for that rainy day that is heading here remeber the 70s fuel shortage well its gonna happen again on a huge scale and you will not be getting fuel unless your needed by society in an official way

PS if it comes to it that only the rich can drive i would say sabotage roads bridges garages anything to get your point over that we are all entitled to be on the road

tip if usin red: add black colur and make it dark green.. if you do get stopped, it isnt red

Sponsored Links
Just before the hurricane took place I received an email from an acquaintance trying to start a fuel protest: if everybody should stop filling up at two of the biggest names, after a while they would be forced to cut prices.

Than Katerine happened and I'm not sure what's going to happen to his protest.

BTW, for a simple european person: how many litres to a gallon? Then I can answer honestly ;)

WoodYouLike said:
Just before the hurricane took place I received an email from an acquaintance trying to start a fuel protest: if everybody should stop filling up at two of the biggest names, after a while they would be forced to cut prices.

Than Katerine happened and I'm not sure what's going to happen to his protest.

BTW, for a simple european person: how many litres to a gallon? Then I can answer honestly ;)

4.5L to a gallon (or close enough)

"1 Imperial gallon = 4.54609188 litres"

(tip, in Google, you can type stuff and it will convert it, e.g. for the above, I googled "imperial gallon in litres") :D

They are trying to get people off the road (ha! as if, shut off a major source of tax revenue?!). But they haven't considered that the country is set up for people to commute by car. They don't want me to drive to work, but they haven't bothered to provide any public transport in it's place.

We have had decades, under both Tory and Labour governments where the government has been making it seem attractive to live further from work. They approve of massive-scale building projects to provide houses for all the people in this country (where were they living before?!), but then don't stipulate that public transport must be taken into consideration.

The house prices have also got so steep so suddenly that people often can't afford to live in the same town as their job. So, they work in town A and live in town B. The people who work in town B have to live in town C, and so on.

The petrol companies are not to blame, it is the excessive taxation brought on by inefficient use of taxpayers' money.

O.K.
We drive normally between 600 - 700 miles per month (business) = two fill-ups per month. If the petrol price would go over £1.10 per litre we would have to adjust our prices with a slight surcharge.
So, no limit for us as a business, and we fear other suppliers will start charging a petrol/diesel surcharges for deliveries very soon.

I drive about 8000 miles a year.

I average around 34mpg, so that is 235 gal or 1060 litres in the course of a year.

Petrol currently costs about 92p/l round here, so that is £975 per year. If it went up to £1.50, I would be paying £1590. £615 is a lot of money, but despite grumbling I would probably still pay it, vowing to move to a tax haven ASAP.

Fuel is now so expensive I will consider it when buying my next car. I might even consider a... a... a DIESEL. :cry: :cry: :cry:

But only so I can run it on a mix of veggie oil and diesel. :evil:

AdamW said:
Fuel is now so expensive I will consider it when buying my next car. I might even consider a... a... a DIESEL. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Funny thing is: in The Netherlands diesel is always less expensive than petrol (but you pay more in road-tax, so you have to calculate if things work out for the best for you), here it's more expensive. When we first saw that, it really made us wonder (before we knew aobut the same road-tax for diesels).

I don't understand farmers don't start growing rape seed, convert it into oil and sell it to us to power all our diesel cars.

They would have to pay tax on it, but sounds like a cool way to save to environment!

Loads and loads of fields of lovely yellow flowers. :D

With totally respect to you slogger its a completly irrellevent question....

We are Brits...we put up with everything out government throw at us..if it was France, germany or the sttates they would be setting fire to the petrol stations by now...us....nah...a few newspapers will have a little grumble as will the AA and the RAC ...the opposition party will 'utterly condemn it'...(yeh as if they would have charged any less!!!) then...we will just pay up like we normally do..

The governent....any government can charge what they like.....they know us mugs will always be there paying for it..

and its a crying shame that we take it up the **** and dont say anything

i dont want to not go into certain garages

i want to pay only for the petrol and not the tax giving my name and address and tell the garage to tell the taxman to ask me to pay

if we all done this once we might be listened to as it is we are PATHETIC as a nation

so what is your pain threshold for costs

£ 5 a gallon will be here by xmas if the usa accept the price hike

if they dont what what will happen here with prices

color the red is a good idea **** the tax man and all his lackys hey at least i am going green ( dye )

£ 20 a gallon by 2010 easily thats if we still have any fossill fuel left

when will we start to see a dramatic rise in the price of food?
as i,m sure the hauliers/food growers/farmers must be finding the increase in fule hard as well?

Yes, but since most of the growers/farmers are under contract of the big supermarkets, they will not see any extra penny, while we shall have to pay more for our food etc at the supermarkets, cause they (supermarkets) will increase their prices due to the petrol/diesel increase.

Hmmm, sound like a new (other) discussion ;)

Sponsored Links
Back