two tiled rooms are different heights by 2cm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi. Hope this picture photo works. I have had all downstairs tiled in different tiles. Because of height difference issues throughout the ground floor, the last room I had tiled (the kitchen with porcelain tiles) is not level with the other two rooms it joins onto. There is a height difference of 2cm between the kitchen and one other room, and a height difference of 1.5 cm between the kitchen and the other adjoining room. I am hoping the photo will demonstrate this.

Is anyone aware of anything I can buy to help finish off the joins? In an idea world my tiler would have added some sort of schluter metal trim, but he didn't, the job is done now, and I have a messy threshold with two rooms. Is anyone aware of anything I can retrofit? I was hoping there would be some sort of triangular piece that could be fitted on the edge of the porcelain to smooth off the join, if you know what I mean ..

Any help gratefully received .... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i personally would get a bit off 25mm 75mm timber
i would have a 19x12mm rebate under 1 end and a 18%ish slope on top at the other end
this will give approximately 6mm over both tiles with a transition slope on top from around 15mm from the top edge to the lower edge covering 60mm

or alternatively 50mm wide but a 25mm step

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back