Two-way radio ask

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, now I work in the shed at top of garden, I'd like a 2-way radio that I can talk to family , e.g. "where's my tea?" :D seriously, they're all useless using their mobiles (often on silent), so I'm wondering about a 2-way radio to raise them.
There are three available from Argos up to £30. I'm not fussed about 5km range, but would like them permanently live, so mains or good battery is essential.
Any tips please? Ta

Sponsored Links
if they dont answer the phones - will they bother with a 2 way radio ?
i use our cordless landline, on intercom - but often that does not work - otherhalf always has phone on silent , and can never find it anyway

Thanks, hoping they'll hear my voice, much like a CB radio, "you got your ears on?" :)

I brought a pair of Motorola`s last year for when we were out on two boats, cracking pair of radio`s, can be set up like a baby monitor which sounds the sort of thing you need. They also came with earphones which we never used.

Been thinking of selling them as doubt I will use them again, cost me around £100, would accept £50 if interested.

Sponsored Links
some of the cheap ones have a sort of 'ringer"
I have used stuff from Motorola down to Maplin specials.

I brought a pair of Motorola`s last year for when we were out on two boats, cracking pair of radio`s, can be set up like a baby monitor which sounds the sort of thing you need. They also came with earphones which we never used.

Been thinking of selling them as doubt I will use them again, cost me around £100, would accept £50 if interested.
Perhaps stick them on eBay, and I'll take a look. cheers

Ask on your local Freegle/Freecycle groups as someone may have a set sitting in a cupboard - I know I do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back