two zone not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, had new bosch bolier unvented tribune cylinder instsalled with 2 rf thermosats, 1 upstairs , 1 downstairs. Old stone house, so was plumbed with one return and 2 flows as no oom for 4 pipes. however tonight with stat off dwnstairs some rads still on ?

Sponsored Links
Might be reverse circulation.

Do you have any zone valves and pumps?

Thks Softus, no pumps and I dont think any zone valves. Should I get them fitted ? paul
I think you should go back to basics and describe your entire system, including boiler make and model.

Sponsored Links
System Boiler Bosch greenstar CDI 30, twin coil tribune 250 l unvented tank, two RF stats one linked to upstairs flow and dwnstairs flow. One return linked to both upstairs , dwnstairs rads. Rads old school column plumbed flow top , bottom return ( although one has been plumbed flow bottom by mistake upstairs ). 9 rads upstairs ( 2 bathrooms ), 8 downstairs ( one cloakroom ). paul

two RF stats one linked to upstairs flow and dwnstairs flow.
The rest I understand, but not this sentence.

How are the stats "linked" to the flows?

For example, it's commonplace to use one motorized valve per zone, and that would be one method of 'linking'. Another would be to use a pump per zone. But since you have neither, it's difficult to understand the design of your system. Perhaps it doesn't have one?

Sorry the RF stats are controlling the two motorised valves.
Also last night upstairs zone was on , with most of the rads upstairs off with TRV turned down. Zone downstairs was off. When hot water tap turned on in bathroom the rad on in bedroom room started to gurgle briefly. When the same rad came on this morning heard a bubbling noise coming from the rad ?

Also this morning the pressure vessel started to shudder when a hot bath was run while the rads were on ?

You need a schematic of the pipework. If it's been recently installed then ask for one, nay demand one, from your installer. Otherwise you'll have to do some detective work and perhaps deduce some of it.

Without the enough information about what's connected to what, this is a bit of a no hoper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back