Twyford Cistern Linkage Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Twyford toilet with a leak. It appears to be coming from somewhere around the linkage between the cistern and the pan as shown in the image below. The photo is of the toilet that isn't leaking as the other is something of a black mess.

It's pretty much impossible to see where the leak is coming from as the drips just collect at the bottom of the white pipe and then fall off.

Some searching around hasn't revealed to me what this piece is called, nor how to go about either fixing it or obtaining another one.

A couple of bits of kitchen roll seem to be wicking the drip away enough that it isn't pooling on the floor any more, but obviously it needs a better fix than that.

I would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
Chris

Sponsored Links
The leak and black mess sounds like its the doughnut thats sits between cistern and pan. It needs replacing.

It will leak more when the W/c is flushed.

Vinny

twyford_n_acc_kit.jpg

common that they leak on the bottom seal is you have disturbed it.

Can I replace it without removing the pan and/or cistern? I'm not sure I'd be confident enough to mess around with either of those.

Do you have any idea of a stockist of either the sealing ring or the whole unit?

Thanks for all the help

Sponsored Links
Hello,

Remove cistern, and plastic connector elbow, including seals.

Clean seals throughly or replace if perished.

Replace in reverse order, making sure you use plenty of silicone sealant.

That should cure it, but make sure that the weight of the cistern is not carried by the plastic elbow. The cistern should be sat on two angle brackets that are fixed to the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back