Type 11 or type 21 for room with polycarbonate roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a small lean to on the side of the house with a polycarbonate roof on. We have redecorated and I took the radiator off to decorate behind. I'm contemplating replacing it as it's the only one we haven't replaced and is looking old and worn.

It's currently a type 11. I'm thinking about upgrading to a type 21 but worried about the wasted heat with polycarbonate roof. The rest of the building is double skin brick and insulated so the roof is the weak point for heat loss. Is the heat output and loss of heat going to make a massive difference to our usage and gas bill or will it be negligible?

I've looked at the BTU output and it's a lot higher with a type 21 than type 11. It has no thermostat valve on. Just lockshield both sides. I'd have it about a quarter open so it takes longer to warm up than the rest and therefore doesn't waste heat

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back