type of screed for ufh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having an extension built and will be installing under floor heating, I have put a slab in and intend putting 100mm kingspan over the slab then the underfloor heating prob polypipe then a 70 mm screed any sugestions for type of screed to use. Ie is it mix it myself granite spar or what do others do . the area is about 22m2

Paul

Sponsored Links
I'd look into ready mix screed m8,I've just laid 36m2 @ 100mm on a similar job. I told the batching plant what it was for and they sorted the strength out-it had loads of fibres in it which help the screed maintain its strength. Compared with how much it cost against how long it would take to mix-well worth it
Mixing by hand can be a pain as I've noticed from past jobs its either too wet/dry,sticks in the mixer etc etc etc

Thanks for your reply will look in to it, can you remember how much it cost for your 36 m2

Regards

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back