Tyre slowly losing pressure

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my tyres is slowly losing pressure. Tyre looks good. I've been inflating back up to 31psi when I go to Sainsburys, and it's manageable at the moment, but need to do a longer drive next week.

Just looking for opinions on best place to deal with this. KwikFit seem to offer a free tyre check, but can't book online and they are not answering their phone. Wondering if I should just go there. Or maybe a get a mobile tyre person to visit? Also have RAC cover, wondering if they would come out and look and repair.

Wondering if could be a valve issue, as when inflating once it seemed a bit tricky to get it to inflate, had to hold the nozzle more firmly than with the other tyres...

Sponsored Links
Just looking for opinions on best place to deal with this. KwikFit seem to offer a free tyre check, but can't book online and they are not answering their phone.

The doesn't include finding and fixing punctures, they just do a thread depth check and try to sell you new ones. Why not take the wheel off and put some soapy water around it? Bubbles will show where the leak is from. Could be rim leak, valve or a nail in the tyre.

I've not got time really, busy working and need to get it sorted before next weekend...

Sponsored Links
Any decent tyre centre or mobile fitting service can surely find the cause of a slow puncture?

I can't believe the OP started this thread, how on earth have you not got the time??

When you get home from work, put the spare on and drop the faulty wheel at a garage, then pick it up at the end of the day or following day.

Andy

All sorted,, and didn't need to remove the tyre myself.

its a DIY site - you should be fixing it yourself.

Sponsored Links
Back