Tyrolean Rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just to confirm my views (and that of the product manufacturer) I'd be interested in your thoughts on some Tyrolean render applied by my builder. Incidentally he thinks 'it's fine and there's nothing wrong with it' and the guys who applied it 'have done it millions of times'.

A bit of background - the window was newly inserted into the wall as part of some alterations.
IMG_2384.jpg
IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_2227.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_2227.jpg

Sponsored Links
What your photos show is a very poor job of work.

There seems to be an original render and a more recent patching render job.
The patching and making good is very poor and so is the attempt to "fill in" various cracks.
The long horizontal crack could be due to rusting wall ties or movement when the lintel was installed.
Angle beads and bell casts over frames are mising. The reveals are wrong.
What DPC or cavity tray material (does it actually have cavity trays?) is doing drooping below the window head is a mystery.
Tyrolean is applied after removing any down spouts.
What is, or was, the purpose of the gaping hole?

The patio level is blocking the only air brick that i can see.
The window frame above the sliding door seems to have been set dangerously low for an opening light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back