tyrolene

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to work out how much tyrolene is required for a certain sized wall??

Regards Spenc

Spenc, please note for the future 20

Sponsored Links
About 1/4 the amount you will need to cover a wall twice the size.

Simple maths really, l x w x depth of coat. :confused:

It may be easier if I start again. :oops:

I would like to use tyrolene on an external breeze block wall 5' x 12'.
Can I put tyrolene straight onto the wall?
And what sort of cover would I get from a 25kg bag, with say a 5mm thick coat.

This will be my first time using tyrolene & was wondering if Tyrolene is the easiest solution to render the wall??

Thanks in advance

Regards Spenc

If the bag is ready mixed then you know the volume of the bag (simply measure) and can work out the coverage. If you are mixing your own, it exactly the same. A 1 ton bag of sand has a certain volume, infact most merchants now sell it by the cu m rather than the ton.

Sponsored Links
Tyrolean comes in bags you mix yourself and there should I think be a coverage capacity on the bag itself. Straight onto blockwork you will need a good few coats, or it will "grin" whereby the blockwork joints will show. and it is not the greatest of materials for durability so would realy want to be applied to a render coat.
Even to a rendered finish you will need to build it up in three or four coats to achieve that nice even honeycomb texture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back