UFH and Rads smart controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks, I'm renovating a 4-bed semi (2 occupants) and had 7 rads first fixed upstairs and will have UFH/Screed installed downstairs (90sqm coverage / 2 zones). I opted for a combi over system (lots of reasons - mainly space) and have some Qs:
  1. The Vaillant approved plumber initially recommended the 35kW EcoTec + but switched to the EcoFit Pure telling me they're essentially the same and the latter had 10-year guarantee etc. Should I be concerned with the switch as I notice the latter is slightly cheaper (I'm on a supply n fit price with him)

2. I want to be able to switch on/off BOTH the UFH and/or upstairs rads from a SINGLE mobile app. He tells me it is a complex setup requiring wireless thermostats (I prefer wired) and the entire system would cost approx £700 supply n fit. This seemed excessive so wanted to get an idea from you guys. What am I missing?

Sponsored Links
To control rads and ufh (30 sqm room) separately you need two 2 zone valves and two thermostats... wired or wireless, this is what I have and it works a treat.

My boiler is on s plan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back