UFH and towel rad in same room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm currently doing a major renovation and extention in which I plan to have a downstairs shower room.

In a situation where I want wet UFH in the shower room (zone) yet also a towel radiator, how would this be managed to prevent one overriding the other?

Likewise I have a utility room I wish to put a radiator in for drying clothes etc, yet also having a UFH zone.

Can anyone provide insight or best way to handle this type of situation please?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I fitted a TRV on the towel rail and set it to a slightly higher temperature than the room temperature setting so that it stays on for a while longer and dries the towels after we shower.

Towel rails even when uncovered emit very little heat into the room, hence why they are now more correctly referred to as 'towel warmers' and not 'towel radiators'. When they are covered with fluffy insulating towels they emit even less heat, so you probably won't really notice much of a change in the operation of the the underfloor heating.

Because of their low heat loss, towel warmers will also stay warm for quite some time after they have gone off, particularly with the chromed versions, I reckon mine doesn't go completely cold for an hour or two.

Thanks, how do your thermostats work? Assuming you have 1 for the radiator and 1 for the underfloor heating.

Yes that's it. In my case the towel warmer is connected to the main house radiator heating circuit, so will work independently from the bathroom heating.

Sponsored Links
That towel warmer could be on its own circuit heated by electric only,great for summer use :p

I agree! It would be useful at the moment. I should have installed a 'dual fuel' version. :(

Capture.PNG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back