UFH base options - what do you think?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post on this forum – so go easy!! 

I have brought a wet under floor heating kit (16mm piping) for my bathroom and kitchen. I am trying to come up with a solution whereby I can get away from increasing the floor height too much.

I currently have a pretty flat concrete base cover in ash felt and I want to build on top of this. I can a couple of idea, what do you guys think?

1st Idea

Use washers and screws or some sort of adhesive to bond the 40mm kingspan to the concrete floor.
Cut 8mm groves using a router into the insulation pushing the pipes into grove.
Using latex screed cover 8mm showing the piping
Tile slate (600x300 tiles) on top of this using flexible tile adhesive

2nd Idea

Use washers and screws or some sort of adhesive to bond the 40mm eko board (solid foam) to the concrete floor.
Cut 14mm groves using a router into the insulation pushing the pipes into grove.
Using latex screed cover 2/3mm showing the piping

3rd Idea

Use washers and screws or some sort of adhesive to bond the 50mm eko board (solid foam) to the concrete floor.
Cut 16mm groves using a router into the insulation pushing the pipes into grove.
Cover the insulation with primer

What do you guys think? I don’t really want to use 60mm sand and cement

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back