Ufh not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please see attached wiring diagram, I can't get the pump for the ufh to come on unless the link is on the two port valve end switch but as the the diagram states this should be removed if a two port valve is fitted which it is? Any ideas thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201205-120931_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201205-120931_Samsung Internet.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
Youremove the link so that when the zone valve is actuated, it switches on the heating. Is your 2 port valve working?

I'm now thinking maybe not as the pump is spinning all the time, the thermostats are all calling but the floor isn't heating up

Maybe check your wiring and voltages? Check for voltage when end-switch supposed to be closed.

Sponsored Links
I will, is it the valve that triggers the pump tho?

In a normal heating system yes, ufh - not sure, I was just thinking if you said it won’t work unless the link is in, then seems a logical starting point?

My system polypipe has a temperature switch on the pump that won't start the pump until it's about 40° water temp.

Just a thought

On mine yes, it’s only a twin terminal manifold system ‘zru’

If it’s a single zone ufh system with its own 2 port, just wire it like an s plan & put the uf pumpset live to the 2 port brown. 2 port will open, but pump won’t kick in until “primary” flow & return reaches 40 degrees. Turn blending valve to max initially to speed that up.

I don’t bother with master & slave units unless it’s multi zone. Single zone, no actuators, no prewired units, just w plan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back