UFH project Damp course help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!
My name is Andy and I'm currently undergoing a major renovation on my bungalow at the moment.

To cut a long story short the bungalow always had a musty smell to it in since we moved in a few years ago, didn't think anything of it. Lifted the floorboards in the hall to check out the heating system one day and found some black slimy joists ans floorboards.

Decided to go all out and replace the wooden floor with insulation and wet ufh. Lifted all the floors up, cleared everything out down to the concrete slab. I got the building inspector round to check out the slab to see if it's substantial enough to lay insulation straight onto it and he gave the thumbs up so great.

I have laid a dpm down in one room, and laid the insulation down, now the thing is that the original floorboards were above the damp course of the interior walls. So the final screed slab would also be above the dpc. If I just lap the dpm up the wall past the dpc.....can the damp travel up the dpm and bridge over the dpc into the wall?

I'm guessing ideally the dpm needs to tuck under the dpc in the wall???

Is there any solutions, ways around or am I worrying about something I shouldn't be worrying about?

I know it's long winded sorry.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back