UFH Servicing

Reaction score
I have just moved into a house with 13 year old underfloor heating UFH. It works but some zones don't really get warm and the hot water tank, which should come on twice a day automatically does not switch off and has to be done by turning the whole system off and on again to switch the 'boost' off. I would like to get the system serviced and checked over. The company who supplied the system David Robbens, do not service their own systems! I am having trouble finding anyone who does? I am in the East Kent area. Thanks for any thoughts.

Sponsored Links
That's an interesting situation when they will not service systems they installed. One wonders why.

But I would say that you need a repair and not a service of the HW question.

But perhaps a design review for the cooler parts.

But if its been working for 13 years one wonders what he previous owners thought about it.

Tony

Last edited:
I have found out that David Robbens only design systems, the do not install or service.
The main problem is a fault in the control box between the hot water and ufh system. Going to get a full overhaul and probably a new boiler.

If you are also "Facebook Guest" its very confusing when you post under two different names!

A new boiler will not fix a problem in the UFH system.

Sponsored Links
Yes, sorry about the faceache sign in. I don't know how it got linked to them in the first place!
The new boiler idea is not to fix the ufh but it is a Ravenheat boiler from somewhere like Wickes. Very basic and 13 years old. I am going to get the system checked out, flushed out and maybe get regulators fitted (just have actuators at the moment). I have never had ufh before so this is all a learning curve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back