UFH wiring - no terminals for valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all. Looking for some advice on a wet UFH install. I have a SCU209LED-TM wiring centre, which helpfully has no terminals for a 2 port valve (which is installed on the flow to the manifold). Link here:

https://underfloorheatingexpress.com/amfile/file/download/file/6/product/277/

Note that the system has programmable room stats only, so no Timer connections and due to it being part of a bigger system there is no connection back to the boiler (its effectively always on due to design of the system), its just the pump wired in to S1. Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I've asked for you to be moved to the Plumbing and Central Heating department.

Meanwhile - I don't know the answer but is this any help?

upload_2020-12-4_1-26-12.png

Thanks. I am not sure whether this remains valid if there is no boiler attached to G1 terminals?

Sponsored Links
One option is to wire the valve to the L1 terminal and use the end switch in the valve to power the pump.
It does need a connection to the boiler to switch the boiler on when heat is demanded. (Leaving the boiler on at other controls is not a good idea)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back