UFL Wet or Dry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to move into our new home which has an outbuilding ill be kitting out as a games/cinema room.

the main room in the outbuilding will be around 16 SqM

Im going to need to install some heating, but I have a bit of a quanry;

The building is close to the house, only seperated by a single drive-way....so not a huge distance. I cant decide between wet and dry underfloor.

1. The boiler is a bloody distance away, at the complete oposite side of the house. So im thinking that the cost and hassle to get wet UFH in there is going to be probibative. I could be wrong, but from what I have read, a plumber would need to run copper all the way from the boiler location.

2. As an alternative, I have thought about installing a small boiler, and then wet underfloor. The gas meter is actually inside the outbuilding.

3. Third alternative, and certainly the easiest, just install electric underfloor. My only concern with this is that the room will have daily use, and I want good warmth without worrying about crazy costs.

4. I guess an easier option to connect to the main boiler would be to just extend the existing piping under the driveway to the outbuilding, and install radiators....although I know this could load issues with the boiler.

Be interesting to know what three options you guys think I should go with from the limited informatioon at hand. I think Id prefer the wet UFH...and maybe I thinking its more complex that it is... just the distance to the boiler is bothering me.

Cheers guys.

Sponsored Links
Energy from electricity costs about four times as much as energy from gas.

Unless you fit 3kW of solar panels, which will enable you to heat the floor in Summer (but not in Winter)

People with electric UFH typically use it until the first bill arrives, then turn it permanently off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back