UK inflation 80% caused by brexit

In the context of 'what shortages of items due to Brexit have you personally experienced in your supermarket'? Really?
you are desperately trying to frame it in that context, not me.

Motties argument is this: “oh look, the supermarkets aren’t half empty, so Brexit problems can’t be real”

it’s a sh1t argument, it’s not true, please stop digging yourself an ever deeper hole.

Sponsored Links
Reading this article by Will Hutton in The Grauniad made me :)...looking back through this thread suggests he's not wrong.
The problem is the rabid brexers like Filly and Mottie do not understand the single market, have no concept of trade barriers and are driven only by emotions.

It is only this govt endless gaslighting and it’s client media which keeps the Brexit lies alive.

Sponsored Links
you are desperately trying to frame it in that context, not me.

Motties argument is this: “oh look, the supermarkets aren’t half empty, so Brexit problems can’t be real”

it’s a sh1t argument, it’s not true, please stop digging yourself an ever deeper hole.
Swerving again? Simple question; Forget what articles you’ve read on what shortages there should be, I’m just asking you if you’ve seen any because I haven’t. Your news sources can tell you something a hundred times but if you don’t personally see it with your own eyes, don’t you even question it? I do and despite all the alleged shortages due to Brexit, the only shortages I’ve seen are bog rolls, paracetamol and pasta but that was down to the pandemic. For the last time, have you seen any shortages in your supermarkets?

Forget what articles you’ve read on what shortages there should be
Mottie denies facts.

, I’m just asking you if you’ve seen any because I haven’t

no, of course you haven’t, your unconscious bias would dismiss any shortages anyway.

it is interesting how you totally ignore all the evidence I’ve posted…..it’s almost like your bias prevents you from absorbing information you don’t like.

Mottie denies facts.

no, of course you haven’t, your unconscious bias would dismiss any shortages anyway.

it is interesting how you totally ignore all the evidence I’ve posted…..it’s almost like your bias prevents you from absorbing information you don’t like.
As JohnD would say:

Look. A squirrel.

1656926977681.jpeg

I'll take it that despite stories telling you different, you havent personally experienced any shortages whatsoever. If they told you the sun hadn’t risen this morning you'd believe that too while you sat there getting a suntan.

Last edited:
Supermarket shelves are definitely less well stocked since Brexit. I sometimes use a local Aldi, and before Brexit it was rare for anything to be out of stock. Their stock replenishment was far better than competitors. In the last year or two, they've actually removed some shelving to disguise less volume and variety of products. Which supermarket would willingly do this - commercial suicide?

Anyway, certain products are now regularly out of stock. Eg. buying eggs there is now often hit or miss for all but the most expensive free range ones. There are gaps in the fruit and veg displays where there were none before Brexit. Getting bagged salads is not always possible and the choice of them is reduced - for example. From Jan 1st 2021 their lactose free milk disappeared from the shelves and reappeared some MONTHS later. The special weekly offers in the central aisle are now often not available when advertised in their magazine - this never happened before Brexit.

These are just some of the problems I can think of there since early 2021 - there are many others. There are definitely big supply and logistics problems for this retailer and others, and the shortages and reduced range are obvious to all who want to see.

Last edited:
Better shop at Sainsbury's then - no shortages there as Notch will now confirm. (y)

Supermarket shelves are definitely less well stocked since Brexit. I sometimes use a local Aldi, and before Brexit it was rare for anything to be out of stock. Their stock replenishment was far better than competitors. In the last year or two, they've actually removed some shelving to disguise less volume and variety of products. Which supermarket would willingly do this - commercial suicide?

Anyway, certain products are now regularly out of stock. Eg. buying eggs there is now often hit or miss for all but the most expensive free range ones. There are gaps in the fruit and veg displays where there were none before Brexit. Getting bagged salads is not always possible and the choice of them is reduced - for example. From Jan 1st 2021 their lactose free milk disappeared from the shelves and reappeared some MONTHS later. The special weekly offers in the central aisle are now often not available when advertised in their magazine - this never happened before Brexit.

These are just some of the problems I can think of there since early 2021 - there are many others. There are definitely big supply and logistics problems for this retailer and others, and the shortages and reduced range are obvious to all who want to see.
Eggs have gone up and up over the past few months. Difficult to find a half dozen for less than two quid. Milk up by 20p since April.
And for the love of Goons stop buying bagged salad. Full of bugs and bits. Ugh!

There are shortages in the shops and of all sorts of goods worldwide. This is due to virtually every government pausing industrial activity for two years. It's not difficult to understand.

It's taken at a march between Paddington and Marble Arch by young skinheads in 1980. (From Getty Images)
I loathe 'em just as much today as i did back then.

There was a NF march through my Town back in the 80s. The usual glue heads and local idiots. Some still look the same now. If their still alive

Sponsored Links
Back