UK inflation 80% caused by brexit

There's no Sainsburys near me and i don't buy store-brand stuff. I always get eggs from the same butcher i've used for nearly 40 years, local chap, i know the farm where the eggs are sourced. Same for chicken. He has happy hens and i don't mind paying a bit extra.

Sponsored Links
There's no Sainsburys near me and i don't buy store-brand stuff. I always get eggs from the same butcher i've used for nearly 40 years, local chap, i know the farm where the eggs are sourced. Same for chicken. He has happy hens and i don't mind paying a bit extra.
So basically it’s difficult for you to find eggs for less than two quid for half a dozen because you have been buying them from the same butcher for 40 years and don’t actually look anywhere else? That explains it!

I'll take it that despite stories telling you different, you havent personally experienced any shortages whatsoever. If they told you the sun hadn’t risen this morning you'd believe that too while you sat there getting a suntan

Mottie is lying, he personally has experienced hundreds of shortages in his Sainsburys, but he is a rabid brexer who denies the truth.

Sponsored Links
So basically it’s difficult for you to find eggs for less than two quid for half a dozen because you have been buying them from the same butcher for 40 years and don’t actually look anywhere else? That explains it!
Supporting local business old chap;)
Never buy packaged chicken from a supermarket. The quality is not good; the meat is too firm, the texture is rubbery and not enough fat has been allowed to develop in its short, processed life.

Yawn. Hundreds of shortages. More Notch fabrications.
Mottie can’t provide any evidence whatsoever there haven’t been shortages in his local supermarket.

Thank you Mottie for admitting the basis for your argument is flawed

so we are back to relying on facts, data and evidence: which I have provided and you have made no effort to provide any counter argument, beyond saying “oh I never saw shortages“.

Mottie can’t provide any evidence whatsoever there haven’t been shortages in his local supermarket.

so we are back to relying on facts, data and evidence: which I have provided and you have made no effort to provide any counter argument, beyond saying “oh I never saw shortages“.
I think he's still working out what came first; the chicken or the egg? :p

Because I haven’t noticed them. What would you accept - daily photo's of fully stocked aisles? You say there has been shortages so just show us and TELL US WHAT THEY ARE! Surely that is much easier?

Supporting local business old chap;)
Never buy packaged chicken from a supermarket. The quality is not good; the meat is too firm, the texture is rubbery and not enough fat has been allowed to develop in its short, processed life.
So where else did you look for sub £2 half dozen eggs? You said they were difficult to find yet you then say you only buy from one place! Were you looking on the bacon counter or next to the chopping block?

Because I haven’t noticed them. What would you accept - daily photo's of fully stocked aisles? You say there has been shortages so just show us and TELL US WHAT THEY ARE! Surely that is much easier?
Youve already lost the argument.
stop digging an ever deeper hole for yourself

The reason you are pursuing this argument is because it can’t be proven.

I have provided the evidence and you’ve already lost the argument, so just be a man and accept it.

So where else did you look for sub £2 half dozen eggs? You said they were difficult to find yet you then say you only buy from one place! Were you looking on the bacon counter or next to the chopping block?
I didn't say i was buying them, just hard to find: did you stub your toe getting outta bed this fine morning?

And store brand products are always cheaper, so why not find a branded box for price comparison.

Last edited:
The reason you are pursuing this argument is because it can’t be proven.
My argument can’t be proven as the shelves are fully stacked. You made the claim and it should be pretty damn easy to prove your point by simply taking a picture of empty shelves and telling us what should be there. This is turning into another one of those threads like the one where you claimed that I said that all black families are thieves but just kept waffling and then clammed up when I asked for proof. You made the claim. I just asked for proof. Provide it or shut up.

I didn't say i was buying them, just hard to find: did you stub your toe getting outta bed this fine morning?

And store brand products are always cheaper, so why not find a branded box for price comparison.
Ok. Happy eggs. Large. Sub £2. Mind you, they probably don’t come from your farm so probably not acceptable to you.

Blimey, Its like me saying I can’t find a decent car for under £50k and when I’m given a choice of BMW, Merc, Audi I turn round and say I don’t do mainstream and I acquire all my cars from a local firm who hand build them for me.

Last edited:
Ok. Happy eggs. Large. Sub £2. Mind you, they probably don’t come from your farm so probably not acceptable to you.

Blimey, Its like me saying I can’t find a decent car for under £50k and when I’m given a choice of BMW, Merc, Audi I turn round and say I don’t do mainstream and I acquire all my cars from a local firm who hand build them for me.
I buy from this farm because i know the chickens are kept and cared for ... unlike your 'Happy' Eggs.

My argument can’t be proven as the shelves are fully stacked.
WRONG
your argument proves nothing, you dont know how many stock outs your supermarket has, Ive asked you many times and you wont answer

it should be pretty damn easy to prove your point by simply taking a picture of empty shelves and telling us what should be there.
that proves nothing

supermarkets fill up empty spaces by adding more of in stock products

rolling stock outs wont show up as rows of empty shelves

You made the claim
I made the claim that brexit has caused rolling shortages -which I have proven with evidence, to which I provided links

I never said it could be proven by looking around a supermarket

You made the claim. I just asked for proof. Provide it or shut up
I have provided the proof

brexit has caused shortages and less choices

thats a fact

Poor Mottie has lost the argument :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back