Uk New Immigration System -

Wickes has them in stock if you queue up. 5 per person per day.

Useful to know, thanks for that. I think some of the DIY sheds are getting priority over smaller builders merchants, which is fair enough if they buy more.
I quite like Wickes but they're about 20 miles away so I use them less nowadays.

Sponsored Links
In about 20 years time, such countries as UK will be fighting over migrants:
Countries, including the UK, have used migration to boost their population and compensate for falling fertility rates.

However, this stops being the answer once nearly every country's population is shrinking.

"We will go from the period where it's a choice to open borders, or not, to frank competition for migrants, as there won't be enough," argues Prof Murray.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53409521

Migration does tend to increase the population (y)
The point of the article was that most countries will be experiencing decreases in population due to the 'jaw-dropping' crash in birthrates.
The few countries that will not follow that trend will be mid-African countries, which will supply the majority of the migrants, that the rest of the world will be competing over.
Funny old world, init.

Sponsored Links
The dropping birthrate is a casualty of the consumer spend spend spend economy. Many people realise just how many children they can afford and still buy what they want. House prices probably don't help either.

Filling jobs with immigrants can save companies from training people themselves and can also fill jobs that the majority do not want. Tory attempts to make work pay don't seem to work that well and unemployment figures do not count people who for one reason or the other find themselves economically inactive. That doesn't mean that they don't want a job. It can mean that no one will give them one that suites.

The dropping birthrate is a casualty of the consumer spend spend spend economy.

In the world as a whole, it is due to education of girls, and letting them have the chance to choose at what age they marry, and how many children they have.

It is now no secret that the number of babies can be controlled.

The point of the article was that most countries will be experiencing decreases in population due to the 'jaw-dropping' crash in birthrates.
The few countries that will not follow that trend will be mid-African countries, which will supply the majority of the migrants, that the rest of the world will be competing over.
Funny old world, init.

funny old world :confused:

no

yes, I'm all in favour of the benefits of education.

in some backward countries a population time bomb has been created by selective abortion of baby girls. The young men will have no-one to marry.

Neither does "India."

Nor does "United States"

40% of Americans surveyed thought that picking embryos by sex was an acceptable manifestation of reproductive rights.[118] These selecting techniques are available at about half of American fertility clinics, as of 2006.[119]

Sponsored Links
Back