Uk New Immigration System -

We've always needed immigrants, as do all advanced economies, I'm not arguing otherwise, I was merely pointing out the absurdity of your comments about a shortage of doctors and fruitpickers.

Yes, there is a shortage of both, throughout the G20, that's life bruv, it aint exclusive to the UK.

Sponsored Links

You seem to be avoiding the point that this problem is not exclusive to the UK but global. I do sometimes wonder about certain posters who live overseas but spend so much time on here knocking the UK, or ellal who hates this country so much he's leaving but can't quite bring himself to.

Why not just leave us to it and rejoice in the fact you live abroad and are no longer a part of this country that you so passionately despise.

You seem to be avoiding the point that this problem is not exclusive to the UK but global. I do sometimes wonder about certain posters who live overseas but spend so much time on here knocking the UK, or ellal who hates this country so much he's leaving but can't quite bring himself to.

Why not just leave us to it and rejoice in the fact you live abroad and are no longer a part of this country that you so passionately despise.
Oooh, did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning?!

Before Covid the UK had full employment according to the government.
So it stands to reason, if everyone has a job then they are not likely to want leave that job to go and pick fruit.
The old stereotype of lazy Brits doesn't stand up.
Unemployment figures have been a lie for years.

Sponsored Links
Oooh, did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning?!

I've got another ceiling to board and plaster, floors to take up, walls to skim, I'm struggling to fill deep holes with a bag of bonding plaster I found in the garage with a 'use by' date of Jan 2019 which means it goes hard within 3 minutes and the new kitchen is being delivered Wednesday morning and I have no space left to store it, every side of the bed is wrong at the moment.

Deep breath.

No, I just find it tedious people knocking the UK for problems which most other countries are facing.

I just find it tedious people knocking the UK for problems which most other countries are facing.
Granted that all countries are facing the current situation, and some are coping better than others...

But how many other countries are also facing a self inflicted economic and social crisis/isolation of their own making?

I've got another ceiling to board and plaster, floors to take up, walls to skim, I'm struggling to fill deep holes with a bag of bonding plaster I found in the garage with a 'use by' date of Jan 2019 which means it goes hard within 3 minutes and the new kitchen is being delivered Wednesday morning and I have no space left to store it, every side of the bed is wrong at the moment.

Deep breath.

No, I just find it tedious people knocking the UK for problems which most other countries are facing.
That sounds like an awful lot... so why you on here and not getting on with it?! Grins. Good luck!

I think it's ok to moan about your own country, if it's warranted. Why not? Just because EFL retired to another country for better weather doesn't mean he has to stop caring or having an opinion about the UK. He's British! That doesn't end.

Always exogenous factors for you.

https://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j2940

UK has fewer doctors per person than most other OECD countries

The only thing more reliable than an atomic clock is your defense of the Government.

I suppose you will eagerly be defending Droit du seigneur. :mrgreen:

Deep breath.

No multifinish?

You seem to be avoiding the point that this problem is not exclusive to the UK
No, but Brexit is. Which dumbo thought it would be a good idea to make it difficult to recruit immigrants and create an environment and elect a government (Priti Nazi Patel), making it a hostile place to immigrate to.

Get Brexit Done lol.

No multifinish?

I managed to get 5 bags of multifinish the other week, 2.5 bags left. I'm filling up old socket holes and multi's no good for holes that deep, I could go sand and cement but I must admit one advantage of the out of date bonding is that I can fill a few deep bits and skim over it ten minutes later.

No anything gypsum based at the moment. The extension I'm currently building is getting dangerously close to the plastering phase.:unsure:

I did a ceiling last week for a customer and she wanted coving, I managed to buy exactly the amount required which cleaned them out. Putting it up I was thinking FFS don't drop one. (which I have been known to do)

No, I just find it tedious people knocking the UK for problems which most other countries are facing

If you are going to argue that point you need to avoid using generalised statements like 'global shortage of doctors' and be specific with UK figures:

"The UK has 2.8 doctors per 1,000 popula- tion, which puts it well below the European Union (EU) average (3.4/1,000)"
Unfortunately the reality debunks your argument.

Sponsored Links
Back