UK population out of control.

Incentivise people not to have children.
IQ test people, check their emotional status, check their work ethic. If anything is found wanting, sterilise them.

Simples
I've said for years that if a couple has more than 2 children, all benefits (chlid benefit, tax credits etc...) should be cancelled immediately (Obviously there would be allowances for people who have triplets etc... or who have one child already and then have twins.. as that isn't their choice). People who choose to have more than two children are fully aware who expensive they are to bring up so if they choose to have more children then they should be aware that they're going to have to bear the cost of them all by theirselves. I know plenty of people who have three or more children happy that they can claim no end of benefits for them.... If these were cancelled i'm sure they'd be less inclined to keep having children.

Didn't they have a one-baby policy in China (maybe still do have) where there is some punishment/fine for having more than one in an attempt to control the population?
Of course, restricting benefits to those who choose to have over a certain number of children makes sense.
So what happens to a parent who has worked most of their life, that may or may not be particularly intellectually gifted, had enough money to support their family and yet their business has failed, they have been made redundant, etc etc? They've paid into the system for years and yet when they need help the consensus here is... tough! You had your kids, you support them.

Sponsored Links
Of course, restricting benefits to those who choose to have over a certain number of children makes sense.

this is better than removing benefits if people have move that 2 kids... but what about means testing it also?

But then what about also giving the same child benefit (equivalent) to childless married couples so they can spend it on their extra spare time? or on fertility treatments?

Sponsored Links
Back