UK still subject to ECJ dispute settlement rulings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Article UNPRO.4.4

2. Judgments and orders of the Court of Justice of the European Union delivered in application of an arbitration clause contained in a contract or agreement in relation to Union programmes, activities or parts thereof under Protocol I shall be enforceable in the United Kingdom in the same manner as European Commission decisions, as referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article.

oh dear Boris lied :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Article UNPRO.4.4

2. Judgments and orders of the Court of Justice of the European Union delivered in application of an arbitration clause contained in a contract or agreement in relation to Union programmes, activities or parts thereof under Protocol I shall be enforceable in the United Kingdom in the same manner as European Commission decisions, as referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article.

Your boring us now :sleep:

Title I: Dispute settlement
171. This Agreement includes dispute resolution mechanisms that are appropriate for a relationship between sovereign equals. This means that there is no role for the Court of Justice of the European Union. All these mechanisms are fully reciprocal and equally available to both Parties.

Sponsored Links
The ECJ was impartial, the new dispute settlement panels - there has been no mention of how transparent they will be and who will be elected onto them - they will likely end up like other trade dispute panels and influenced by politics.

Article UNPRO.4.4

You must seriously bore the fuk even out of yourself.

*sniggers*

You didn't even go to the length of posting Mutley. You're getting sloppy in you're old age. :ROFLMAO:

Muttley-picture.gif

Notch, read your own post, carefully, then **** off.
Yes, please do read my post carefully:

Note the bit that says: Court of Justice of the European Union.....enforceable in the United Kingdom

Title I: Dispute settlement
171. This Agreement includes dispute resolution mechanisms that are appropriate for a relationship between sovereign equals. This means that there is no role for the Court of Justice of the European Union. All these mechanisms are fully reciprocal and equally available to both Parties.

Thank you for posting.

For clarification what you have posted is from the gov.uk site.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...land-and-the-european-union/summary-explainer

It is not what is contained in the trade deal.
PDF here
https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/draft_eu-uk_trade_and_cooperation_agreement.pdf

Sadly our government lies, you can't trust what they publish.

From your ec.europa link Notch.

TITLE II: PRINCIPLES OF INTERPRETATION AND DEFINITIONS Article COMPROV.13: Public international law
1. The provisions of this Agreement and any supplementing agreement shall be interpreted in good faith in accordance with their ordinary meaning in their context and in light of the object and purpose of the agreement in accordance with customary rules of interpretation of public international law, including those codified in the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties, done at Vienna on 23 May 1969.

2. For greater certainty, neither this Agreement nor any supplementing agreement establishes an obligation to interpret their provisions in accordance with the domestic law of either Party.

3. For greater certainty, an interpretation of this Agreement or any supplementing agreement given by the courts of either Party shall not be binding on the courts of the other Party.

It is not what is contained in the trade deal.
PDF here

Too much to reproduce here but dispute settlement starts on page 383, nothing to suggest anything falls under ECJ jurisdiction.
Notch, you're enough to put Boris to shame.

No. Wonder labour lost the election if some on here were door knocking to. Get there vote

:LOL:

ECJ

Worry about that baloney

Sort out the civil court dogs breakfast in this country its a disgrace tbh for small business to. Get redress and has been for years

ECJ who cares I. Say

Only up there own back side pencil. Pushers :LOL:

Too much to reproduce here but dispute settlement starts on page 383, nothing to suggest anything falls under ECJ jurisdiction.
Notch, you're enough to put Boris to shame.

Yes there is, I've pointed it out in my post above no9, which you deliberately avoided quoting

Here it is: "Court of Justice of the European Union.....enforceable in the United Kingdom"

Sponsored Links
Back