UK still subject to ECJ dispute settlement rulings

In the government published version and the document Notch7 posted it is the same wording.

Page 394....... 4A. For greater certainty, the courts of each Party shall have no jurisdiction in the resolution of disputes between the Parties under this Agreement

It goes to arbitration

Sponsored Links
"Court of Justice of the European Union.....enforceable in the United Kingdom"

Notch, unless you can provide a direct link, I fear the only place that wording exists is in the darkest recesses of your addled mind.

As I understand it, ECJ does still have relevance (and if necessary authority) in UK, but only concerning any participation in left-over, carry-over or future EU programmes.
The Erasmus scheme for UK students already participating is one such example.

Sponsored Links
As I understand it, ECJ does still have relevance (and if necessary authority) in UK, but only concerning any participation in left-over, carry-over or future EU programmes.
The Erasmus scheme for UK students already participating is one such example.

Makes sense, thanks.

I believe the ECJ has some authority over fraud involving the EU and associated transactions as well. Didn’t raise any flags with me as who wouldn't want to put a stop to fraud and those committing it.

and EU law in NI protocol too
so Johnson was lying when he said no role for ECJ

whilst the UK has succeeded in removing ECJ from the main part of the deal it paid a high price: It accepted a single legal treaty that it had vehemently opposed at the outset, a single governance system; a horizontal dispute settlement mechanism, with possibility of cross-retaliation (restricted to the trade parts of the deal); and robust enforcement provisions on LPF; and provisions on ongoing compliance with the ECHR

And from the EU's view, integrity of the single market is preserved with level-playing field obligations which go virtually beyond any other 3rd-country (even the Swiss).

So the deal is just goods...where the EU has a surplus and the deal is in the EUs favour

The UK has a surplus in services and its got no deal no that

and EU law in NI protocol too
so Johnson was lying when he said no role for ECJ

whilst the UK has succeeded in removing ECJ from the main part of the deal it paid a high price: It accepted a single legal treaty that it had vehemently opposed at the outset, a single governance system; a horizontal dispute settlement mechanism, with possibility of cross-retaliation (restricted to the trade parts of the deal); and robust enforcement provisions on LPF; and provisions on ongoing compliance with the ECHR

And from the EU's view, integrity of the single market is preserved with level-playing field obligations which go virtually beyond any other 3rd-country (even the Swiss).

So the deal is just goods...where the EU has a surplus and the deal is in the EUs favour

The UK has a surplus in services and its got no deal no that

Notch, it's signed sealed and delivered, it's over, the fat lady has sung.
Move on with your life, find a hobby or something.

Notch, it's signed sealed and delivered, it's over, the fat lady has sung.
Move on with your life, find a hobby or something.

Sadly for you it is far far from over....you are just desperate to frame the narrative that way.

Brexiteers like you forget a rather key detail....the EU is still our largest trade partner by a country mile, the fat lady can only sing if that stops.
It wont

oh and the trade deal has reviews in it, so negotiations will continue for the next decade.

It was all about parliament being sovereign. Apparently.

But it's those that just can't let go that I pity.

It was all about parliament being sovereign. Apparently.

But it's those that just can't let go that I pity.

Woody wants to claim "it's all over" because he doesn't want to take responsibility for what's to come.

Sponsored Links
Back