UK will not publish economic impact assessment of EU trade deal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.ft.com/content/72938c66-638f-11ea-a6cd-df28cc3c6a68

Creating jobs being customs agents filling in forms.

Is this the Sunlit uplands? :ROFLMAO:

Michael Gove, cabinet office minister, revealed on Wednesday that the government would not publish an economic analysis of Britain’s favoured trade deal with the EU, amid fears it would show the country would be left worse off.

While the government this month claimed a good US trade deal would boost gross domestic product by between 0.07 per cent and 0.16 per cent, Mr Gove said it would not be doing similar calculations with regard to a trade deal with the EU.

Mr Gove confirmed that a Canada deal would create new friction to trade, adding that there would be “economic opportunities” for people wishing to work as customs agents filling in forms to allow trade with the EU.

Sponsored Links
In all honesty I don't really know why you bother posting all this stuff on a DIY site, not that's there's mostly anything wrong with your posts, but the last post of yours not in GD was in October last year, surely there are better forums, where you could debate your concerns?

In all honesty I don't really know why you bother posting all this stuff
Because it is an antidote to all the anti-German/anti French bollax posted by gasbag et al, as well as the non-stop EU bashing threads.

Some believe that Germany and France want to take over Europe (they could have done it several times over by now) and that Britain can once again reclaim the glory days of the Empire. As long as those posts exist - so will others.

Get used to it, Eddie.

Because it is an antidote to all the anti-German/anti French bollax posted by gasbag et al, as well as the non-stop EU bashing threads.

Some believe that Germany and France want to take over Europe (they could have done it several times over by now) and that Britain can once again reclaim the glory days of the Empire. As long as those posts exist - so will others.

Get used to it, Eddie.

Should get rid of all those as well, just as tedious. Anyhow some of those posters actually offer DIY help on other forums, rather than simply use a DIY site for General discussion and post little else.

Sponsored Links
Should get rid of all those as well, just as tedious. Anyhow some of those posters actually offer DIY help on other forums, rather than simply use a DIY site for General discussion and post little else.
It’s no different on other forums. I’m on a couple of highly political forums and to be honest, I’m getting fed up on those forums with a hard-core of posters that take part in no political discussion but keep dragging up the same old subjects such as "What’s the best boiler I can buy", "How can I stop condensation in my loft" and “Would you have a smart meter”. :rolleyes:

I post frequently on the Diy sections.

I notice nobody wanted brexit threads stopped before the 31st
Yet up to that point nothing had happened,.....the part that will have a massive impact on this country is in front of us.

I cant help thinking the government narrative of not wanting brexit talked about has assimilated into diynot.

I notice nobody wanted brexit threads stopped before the 31st
Yep. It was all the stalling, court cases, appeals and trickery by remainers that kept the flames burning on that but it’s all over now. You best get use to it - nothing you say will change anything and just bringing it up in in every post just makes you come across as a sad loser.

Sponsored Links
Back