UKPF survivors group

Sponsored Links
I;ve never done site work. Is it a bit like this thread?

Sponsored Links
Dickie was there for while until his rather unpolitically correct views were aired
I went there earlier to see what the fuss was all about apparently some tactic to join up after you have read a few posts.
Quite entertaining the level of knowledge ,need a Gassafe Engineer apparently to wire up a three port .Good thing there was observant spark in there to help the poor poster out
The clowns didn't spot the obvious fault

All rejects end up here even Screwfix rejects (Dick) cough...

Screwflux have emailed me several times to try & get me back, like UKPK - it's a ghost town now!!
Like our hosts here, they can appreciate that someone as infamous as my good self is a wonderful asset.

Funny that though these clowns get chucked out of a forum and they moaning about others who may have left a forum many years ago!
Must have had lessons from knockoff Nigel

Great!! So now they can all just f.ck right off back there!! Eh, can you take Berny with you??!!!
Too late, he's there already:

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/threads/gas-safe-engineers.43308/

Hmm! A policeman was asked if it was safe to drive along a route at 60mph he replied "I am not telling you, your not a policeman!" ridicules, but perhaps an attitude some gas fitters seem to be getting. It is sufficient to give a warning about the law that tells of the need to use a registered gas installer for gas work not to withhold information. One can read or get information about how to use a gun, it does not mean you go about shooting people. A doctor will tell you what they propose to do in an operation, it does not mean you get the knife out and have a go yourself. So with holding information is just silly. After a warning it is up to the person to be responsible themselves. This is supposedly a help forum not a secret society, how can you help people if you tell them nothing? The information is intended to help people decide in a more balanced way as to what may be wrong with their gas system not for them to attempt to fix it themselves. Nearly all the big sheds give quite detailed information sheets after first warning people. The Copper Association gives professional information. What is wrong with that? It is not doing people out of work at all. Not to give information may in fact encourage people to have a go themselves on the basis that it looks easy. The point about using professionals is about right, but how will they know there is more to gas fitting if you do not tell them? Anyway most people I feel sure would use more professionals for many things, what stops them now is cost probably, except where they are forced too use them. As a young man in the 60's contractors where used extensively by many people for all kinds of things painting and decorating their homes and so on. It was the rising wage bills and subsequent job price increases that stopped them using contractors to the extent they once did. Lets also be honest many TV programs give away information all the time promoted by the big sheds. You can go into a shed and buy a gas boiler and fittings if you want too. It is the law that stops people fitting them for a living not information. It is probably information that makes them have second thoughts about fitting when they learn how complicated and dangerous it can be. Lets be honest you can kill with a car they are dangerous but nobody stops you buying them, it is up to you to drive properly even after a test that allows you to do so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back