Ultimate 50FF - Correct part or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to buy a new gas valve and when the guy took it out the box it looked completely different to the one fitted in the boiler at present so I left it.

The part he took out the box was an 830 Tandem. Is this the correct part?
On the front of my present one there's the adjustment for the gas pressure and a pipe goes in, on the one he had this wasn't there.

Sponsored Links
The gas valve for earlier ultimates is an upgrade item and requires the replacement of the pilot tube as of well. They're a right pain to fit and I'd recommend you get a registered installer to carry out the work.

The old gas valve fitted to the Ultimate is now obsolete (Mcclaren I think).
The new gas valve kit will come with a pilot tube and different gas valve and lead, a SIT.

Thanks guys, so it would appear the one he showed me may be correct?
Yep will be getting an engineer in to fit it.

Sponsored Links
The valves for the new ultimates are an upgrade kit and will require the replacement of the pilot tube as well, this should all be supplied in kit form. There is a pressure adjustment on the new valve but not where you would expect it!

This should only be done by an RGI as it involves gas works and also opening of the combustion chamber.

Hope it wasn't parts centre that was supplying you without checking your corgi card!! lol

Don't know, got told on here it may be faulty as the boiler sounds like it has a small petrol generator running when the gas ignites.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back