Ummm balls :(

I wouldn't have thought it will get in the way of the ladder and it doesn't matter if its hanging in the middle of the room when the ladder's down.

Is there a loft ladder? I can't see one on the visible short side and there can't be one on the other short side as it would extend into the bath. I presumed a normal ladder would be used.

How much the open hatch is in the way will depend on how much space there is and where it is, we can only see a small bit of the room. But in any case I would have thought it better to have the hatch as out of the way as possible, not just for climbing up and down but for handing things in and out.

Sponsored Links
Couple of smacks with a lump hammer should reshape the radiator perfectly (y)

That style of loft hatch is removable, instead of using the hinges to drop open.No need to adjust or move anything.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Shorten the Rad Hanging Brackets by about 25mm , if you don’t mind it running towards the Wall just alter the top Brackets , they are more than likely Chrome on Plastic

Regards

Phil

Shorten the Rad Hanging Brackets by about 25mm , if you don’t mind it running towards the Wall just alter the top Brackets , they are more than likely Chrome on Plastic

Regards

Phil

I think we have a winner. Thankyou!
Great idea that’s hidden in plain sight. Will do this and report back :D

I also had this problem, or something similar. It didn't come as a surprise, I wasn't left with any options.
Moving the hatch would have been a massive faff.
I simply broke the plastic parts of that cover the 'hinge' part.
This mean that I could push the hatch up and remove it entirely when I needed access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back