Unable to change bathroom spotlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
One of my spotlights in my bathroom need the bulb changing but so far I am struggling to get to the bulb.
The chrome part doesn't twist or clip off and the whole unit can be pulled down but some kind of spring inside is preventing me to pull it all out. I don't want to force it down as it could damage the plaster.
Here is a short video. Any ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Looks like the retaining springs are catching on the edge of the hole,as the hole diameter is a little too small. There are two springs ,directly opposite each other. You should be able to ease the fitting out ,tilt it at an angle and get one spring out first.
By the way that fitting looks like it may have integral led's ,that can't be replaced....may be wrong though !!

Looks like the retaining springs are catching on the edge of the hole,as the hole diameter is a little too small. There are two springs ,directly opposite each other. You should be able to ease the fitting out ,tilt it at an angle and get one spring out first.
By the way that fitting looks like it may have integral led's ,that can't be replaced....may be wrong though !!

It can definitely be replaced as an electrician replaced the old halogen bulbs with led ones a few years ago while keeping the existing units.
I will try your suggestion
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Certainly a snug fit in the ceiling, but it should not be necessary to remove the whole fitting to change the lamp. In fact you will gain nothing by doing that.

Usually the chrome bezel just needs to turn a little to provide access to the lamp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back