Unable to register a DO800M

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, I've just purchased two DO800M wireless door contacts... From eBay, both as new.

One paired to my G2-12 (v1.50) with C079-2 fine... 52 > Zone> 5, force tamper...

The other, just doesn't seem to be registering the force tamper. Afaik, there's no way to locate the serial number to manually enter it.

Pushing the tamper button by hand triggers the LED. I can hear the tamper been triggered when sealing the DO800, and again the LED flashes. I've tried getting the tamper to trigger with the DO800m in situ, bang next to the C079 and also with the 'contact' open and closed. With no joy...

Defective unit??

Sponsored Links
Which firmware version is the C079-2 ? Label normally on the PCB.

Also, have you tried power cycling the C079-2. I've had a situation previously where the module wouldn't detect a remote, but was seeing the sensors. A power cycle of the module corrected the issue.

I assumed as one regged that all would be ok. I will try a power cycle and have a look to see if I can see a fw version of the c079.

Thanks for your reply!

advice;
remove battery from door contact, short the battery pins, on the contact, re install battery, try again.

also with the PIR sensors, the new range, do not register them at the RF module, as they are now fitted with a back tamper.

Oasis

the above info was given to one of our engineers last week as he couldnt register two devices!! he didnt phone the office, he called Honeywell tech first!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks, it gives me something else to try!

I don't have any RF PIR's just DO800M door contacts... I will try your suggestions tonight, thank you.

Open to more advice though should that not work!

Shorting hasn't helped :(

Knowingly... All power in the house has been off today, would that power cycle the C079 or would the G2 battery have kept that alive?

The alarm was in a CU AC fail...

Unlikely. If the panel has RF sensors and a 7A battery, then it would keep running.

I've added an IR800M today, in the place I wanted the DO800M, without any issues. This DO800M must be faulty surely...?

Perhaps, but as I said, I had a portal that was working fine with one device and not seeing the other at all until power cycled.

Power cycling the Galaxy panels does not lose the settings, only the time and date.

I tinkered with the Frequency POT on the actual DO800M and finally got it to register! Typically, by adding the IR800M I don't actually have use for this DO800M anymore!

Thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back