Under 21 rule

Brightness said:
I know they are protecting themselves Dg123 but no they won't sell it - they are not just checking their ID's - if the person IS under 21 then they refuse to sell :rolleyes:

Last week I was behind a young couple with a baby and he didn't have his ID, she did and she was 20 - they were refused the 2 bottles of wine :rolleyes: . Completely ridiculous :rolleyes:
There's a very simple protest anyone in that age bracket can make.

Trolley load of shopping, inc booze.

When refused the booze, say "Well, I don't want any of it then", and walk off.

Sponsored Links
You're an awkward banshard BAS.

I've done the same thing when I thought the check-out queue too long.

:LOL:

the problem with the law on drinking and 18 is that if a couple (as cited above) try and buy alcohol and the person PAYING for the drink doesnt have ID and is refused, if the second person then tries to pay for it (even if thay have ID and are legal), the licensed premises can still refuse to serve them as they believe that the legal person will then supply the alcohol to the (believed) minor.

This is also an offence and it is an offence to supply alcohol to someone you believe will supply it to a minor!

dabaldie said:
the problem with the law on drinking and 18 is that if a couple (as cited above) try and buy alcohol and the person PAYING for the drink doesnt have ID and is refused, if the second person then tries to pay for it (even if thay have ID and are legal), the licensed premises can still refuse to serve them as they believe that the legal person will then supply the alcohol to the (believed) minor.

This is also an offence and it is an offence to supply alcohol to someone you believe will supply it to a minor!

Errrrrrrrrrrr yeah, but this couple were early 20's and pretty obviously so!

Sponsored Links
around my way ....you get mugged if you DON'T get ale for the lil chavs outside the offie ..lol
when I was drinking mind ..lol ;)

keyplayer

how rude .lol
crafty1289
use as many icons as you want ..an green shield stamp ones ..lol lol :)

Back